Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interface the pic and mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

youwakeem

hello
who can help me at my project
my project talk about how can (interface between pic and mobile) and send sms from other mobile
then operate the load (lamp)
please anybody can help me send me a circuit diagram and type of devices and code of the
project at micro c program please send me the explain at (winrar file)
thank you

Hello,

First thing first, do not double post. You already have a similar thread here https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/connect-the-pic-with-mobile.127465/. Secondly, do you think really somebody is going to do your entire school project for you, compress it in winrar format (or whatever format your teacher asks for) and send it back to you?

Ask a specific question and somebody here will help you. If you don't know how to ask a more specific question, you're in the wrong course.

Last edited:
i dont know that much about it but the following may help you it is easier to use a older style mobile phone than a newer one it seems the old nokia phones are pretty good
you need to learn about AT codes as mobile phone instructions are a slightly altered form of AT commands the interface to the phone is pretty easy as its just serial RS232 if you get a datacable for the phone then you can actualy talk to it from hyper terminal the normal setting is 9600 baud,N,8,1 normaly the first thing you would do is send a command to the phone to tell it wich of its memorys to use like the sim card mem or the internal mem you should be able to get a set of the AT commands for your phone and if you use a old phone like a nokia there is plenty of information for them
hope this helps

well hadnt you better give a few details??? such as what mobile do you want to use? what pic do you want to use? what language do you want to write the code in? what kind of lamp is it?? line voltage dc or a led?

Last edited:
do you have the pin outs for the phone? do you have the data cable? is this a real project or proteus?

First of all, you couldn't use a worse phone, I don't think you can issue AT commands to a Nokia 3310, its just M-BUS or F-BUS, so you need an F-BUS data cable, and a MAX232.
You will need to tie RTS and DTR lines down, wire DTR to the +V of the MAX232, and the RTS to V- of the MAX232. You will need to synchronise the bus to start talking, I think you have to send a character a number of times, can't remember exactly which character, I think its 100 times or something recommended.

Anyway, hitech c is probably the best as the lite version is free as part of MPLAB install.

To drive your lamp you can use a transistor and relay, if you are driving high wattage use a suitably rated panel mount relay (or I find automotive relays quite robust! Only rated to 12V though!!).

Be aware that you will have to "pack" and "unpack" any SMS messages using the 3310 and learn the F-BUS protocol.

Wilksey

Last edited:
I don't think anybody is going to "give" you a file, that would means someone would have to do it for you, which is not what this forum is about, this forum is about guidance and help, not a do my project for free forum.

How will you learn if you don't do it yourself, or at least have a go and post specific questions about what is going wrong. I'm guessing this is coursework or a school project, if you won't even try and do it yourself maybe you are not taking the right course??

Why is it that the vast majority of ppl who want the forum to do a project for free seem to have difficulty with English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back