Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface RFID reader to microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylon89del

hi, everyone, I am trying to interface an RFID reader to 8051 microcontroller, but, doesnt work work. So, need some help here...

When I sent this command
0xAA 0x01 0x04 0x10 0x06 0x00 0x00 0x13 0xBB
from microcontroller to PC hypeterminal, it can receive. When i sent back response from hyperterminal back to microcontroller, the microcontroller can receive it too.

Now, I use the company software to send commands to the reader, and capture the commands, the commands are
0xAA 0x01 0x04 0x10 0x06 0x00 0x00 0x13 0xBB,
and the reader can response to the commands and sent back data to the company software.

I have set both the microcontroller and the reader to the same serial setting: 9.6kbps, 1 stop bit, no parity bit.

But, when I connect the microcontroller to the reader, my microcontroller cant receive anything back from the reader.

Please help!!!

Have you swapped over the correct pins or have you got TX to TX and RX to RX? If they both work with a PC then you need a cable with (at least) pins 2 and 3 swapped over.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back