Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface microcontroller with bluetooth device(SPP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat1235

Hi guys,
I need some information about university project.

I'm making a project with microcontroller(HCS08 freescale) and i want to interface it with bluetooth device(PAN1321) that support serial port profile .
I know that must send AT commands to able SPP and so i've RS232 serial cable emulation, but i don't understand this very well ; so i've two question:

1)Do i need to implement the code of a RS232 receiver in my micro for recive data, or simply,after connect the devices, i read the data on my UART?
2)The data packets received, are in rs232 format?

Thanks a lot in advance

ps:
I still do not have the devices, will arrive next week, but I want to give me an idea

I have not used the PAN1321, only the HC-05/HC-06, but assuming they are similar you just talk to it directly over your UART. No rs232 level shifting is needed. The default baud rate and serial setup will be in the user manual. Everything will be defaulted and the only reason to use the AT commands are if you want to change the defaults, like the bluetooth device name or serial settings.

Using the HC-06 I was able to power it up, pair it with my phone, and talk to my microcontroller using a simple bluetooth terminal on the phone without doing anything special.

Sorry, I ve another question.
I suppose that I have to use AT commands to able serial port profile, or no?

Your questions are far too wide. There is a user manual and datasheet for the PAN1321 that answers all your questions.

You don't do anything to put it in SPP mode. It's in SPP mode all the time. It can't do anything else.

EDIT: I'm assuming you know this, but I just want to make sure. From the datasheet, this is not a 5V tolerant device. Looks like HCS08 comes in several different voltage options. Just make sure you use a 3.3V supply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back