Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interesting product

Status
Not open for further replies.

philba

"Faraday" paint. I want to see restaurants using this stuff - getting tired of the jerks who think I care about their cell phone calls.

**broken link removed**

Good idea.

There is a but though; is is transparent to light?

If it isn't I can't see restaurants blacking out all their windows.

Maybe they should a "No Cellphone" area like the no-smoking... Or hell, just skip a dozen years, and billions of wasted tax dollars, and just move them outside with the smokers. But that would kind suck for me, I smoke... The paint could be amusing though, people fighting over window tables for better reception.
Something really needs to be done about excessive phone usage in public. I smoke, and know it bothers some people, so I don't just light up anytime any place I feel like it. It's not that tough to show a little respect for other people (not to mention it's the law now...). Too bad there isn't some device that would trick a cellphone into think it was getting a weak signal, so the offensive user would need to move a few to a better location, not quite an all out jammer, as that would be illegal, and also just the mention would bring the wrath of the forum...

Why not just use a Zinc rich paint and connect it to a ground? The company acts like this is a new idea =O

Or a cell phone jammer and fire it every 15-30 seconds (I know FCC). But the zinc to ground is good too.

Cell phone jammers are illegal in the states except for use by the governement. Conductive paint isn't, it'll piss em off too cause they'll use max transmit power to try to pick up a signal so their batteries will go dead fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back