Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interesting problem but not enough knowledge - Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivan_the_red

:( Evening All

I have a transducer that has a voltage output range of 5.62 vdc to 2.0 vdc
and I am trying to interface this to a meter that has range of 0 vdc to 1 vdc. The supply voltage that I have to use is single sided and is 12 vdc.
As the transducer is used in different applications its voltage range will vary from low value of 2 vdc to a value inbetween 2 vdc and 6 vdc.
The circuit must be adjustable so that what ever the highest output voltage happens to be, it will be changed to 1vdc and whatever the lowest output voltage happens to be, it will be change to 0 vdc or near 0 vdc. I havent the foggiest notion how to accomplish this and any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

Hi Jeff. Will the supply for your circuit be indepedent of the voltage you wish to measure - neither side connected to it?

This could be the answer to a million different posts. You can use a pic chip with the sensor voltage being read in with the adc pin. You can then convert this voltage with a formula or a look up table and then use a
pwm pin to send out 0 to 1 volt.

A voltage divider and negative bias is the simple way, I don't know how to do it the complicated way.

Attachments

• posamp.jpg
    posamp.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 390
I too have come up with a tentative solution, but if the original correspondent can't find the courtesy to respond to my first post .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back