Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interesting News. Stop a car the easy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It has also drawn strong interest for its potential to disrupt car bomb attacks."

I would not aim that thing to a car with a bomb in it :)

What's needed is a remote wheel trigger.

MisterT.

I think you have a good point. I would need to be a lot more than 50m away in that case.

I am reminded of the sticky hand grenade that was once invented. It was a great idea, as it would stick to anything at which it was thrown. Only one problem...it stuck to everything. ;)

So, the hypothetical cartel member in the Land Rover will get one of the RF guns to stop police pursuit. A 50 yard range could be a real deterrent to a helicopter.

John

The bombers would just use old (manual injector pump) diesels instead if this technology was deployed on a large scale.

Dupe

Never mind the vehicle !! How about the fusing of any explosive devices they may have on board ?

Wouldn't fancy flooding an electronic timing circuit with random electronic pulses.

If it works the bad people will make them and use it to stop police cars.

I have so dreamed of making such a vehicle jamming device for oh so many years.

For personal interests of course like when I am happily cruising down the interstate at 80 MPH and I come up on two idiots having a side by side slow race going 60 - 65 MPH in a 75 MPH zone blocking people from passing.

I would love to be able to shut one or both of them down just long enough to get them to pull over and free up a lane.

Can one be made to stop a politician's mouth from running on.

remove the word politicians and replace with:
brother in law, mother in law, cousin, __________. Fill in the blank.

The bombers would just use old (manual injector pump) diesels instead if this technology was deployed on a large scale.
I'd be surprised if it did anything to the points and capacitor ignition in my old Jeep...

Surely there is an easier way? dont most modern cars have a Bluetooth connection? Why cant the police just log into the car via Blue Tooth and switch something off, then it wouldn't restart until it had been to a garage. I dont know much about cars but i have seen that garage documentary on TV where they use Blue tooth to talk to the main electronics hub, on there the guy was doing something and commentator warned if he got it wrong it would disable the car.

Surely there is an easier way? dont most modern cars have a Bluetooth connection? Why cant the police just log into the car via Blue Tooth and switch something off, then it wouldn't restart until it had been to a garage. I dont know much about cars but i have seen that garage documentary on TV where they use Blue tooth to talk to the main electronics hub, on there the guy was doing something and commentator warned if he got it wrong it would disable the car.

That concept will work if the vehicle has had its electronic control systems programed to work that way. If not it doesn't work.

Then the other problem is is every vehicle is required to have that function and capability programmed in there will always be some people who don't like it and will do their hardest to figure out the system and hack it to undo the things they do not want!
for one can relate to that mentality. I hate our US emission standards and the resulting crap they put on our vehicles that reduce fuel mileage in the name of being better for the environment and thusly do my best to disable and redesign as much of my vehicles systems as I can justify to pick up my mileage numbers.

Surely there is an easier way? dont most modern cars have a Bluetooth connection?
Not to the ECU which controls the engine I hope!

Why cant the police just log into the car via Blue Tooth and switch something off, then it wouldn't restart until it had been to a garage.
Conversly, it would be great sport to log on to the police car and make it stop in its tracks.

I dont know much about cars but i have seen that garage documentary on TV where they use Blue tooth to talk to the main electronics hub, on there the guy was doing something and commentator warned if he got it wrong it would disable the car.
Mmm...
Do you mean "The Garage" ?
The programme on Discovey Channel about that disfunctional crowd in Marbella ?
Please be aware that most of that stuff on Discovery is just scripted tosh to make amusing television programmes.

JimB

Just use a bazooka, looks great and they seem to get away with it in the movies :D

Being an old fashion type I like the bazooka or other methods like a 50 BMG or handy 20mm canon.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back