Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm glad that we've a veteran electronics expert voice from The Netherlands"

Thank you :)
Funny you should say that.
I have recently sent a PM asking that "newbie" be removed from my profile. I found it annoying because I've been involved with electronics for over 50 years.
I suggested "sometimes right". I'm not an expert but also not a newbie :)
Anyway, my request seems to have been honored. I'm honored.
I grew up (5'7'') in California.

sorry to bump this up again but will 16v 1000uF capactiors work as well as 25v 1000uf capacitors?

great, thanks again.

The intercom circuit looks like a good one with feedback howling is eliminated by using loud speaker for double purpose. However it is a very old one and the author himself quoted that he already had many years of satisfaction from it :)

I don't think nowadays anybody go for a fresh assembly using an audio matching transformer which is obsolete.

This Intercom circuit seems to be a good one where the Larsen effect is reduced by a much clever design. Audio quality should be very good and it doesnt require switching over.

I like it! But what the heck is the Larsen effect?

The Larsen Effect is acoustical feedback howling. The full-duplex intercom has a microphone and a speaker. If the microphone can hear the speaker then it will cause acoustcal feedback howling.
The simple intercom uses a "press-to-talk" switch that disconnects the mic at the distant end when you speak while it disconnects your speaker. Then when the other end presses-to-talk it disconnects your mic while it disconnects its speaker when it talks.

The full-duplex circuit electronically cancels the pickup of a speaker by the mic that is near it.

I don't know about Brownout :) (no pun intended.)
But us limeys stick together .... I mean I call it **** not excrement....don't we all ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back