Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Integrating a Screen, laptop and Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
I am new to this forum and would appreciate any help I could get on a project I am working on. Its is basically a portable device that integrates a 17” LCD, a net book and a portable battery into one unit. The idea is to have a screen attached to a wheel chair for def-mute individuals. The screen will be attached above the wheelchair so they may interact with each other at a conference.
I need to have one battery powering both the screen and the laptop so only one battery or battery pack will have to be replaced, so the net book battery will be discarded. The battery will need to last a minimum of 2 hours.
The screens are about 19V and 3amps and the netbook is about 19V with 2amps. What is the best way to make this system work effectively?
The idea is to get a 12 or 24 volt battery using a regulator and take it into the Screen and netbook. What connections will I need in terms of the wires and physical connectivity?
Any help will he greatly appreciated?

What is the voltage of the netbook battery?

You would want to use a switching regulator for maximum battery life.

You simply wire the battery to regulator input, and the regulator output to the netbook battery terminals and LCD power terminals with whatever connectors seem physically appropriate for the setup. There's nothing critical about either the wire or the connectors you use. The wire should be 18AWG or larger. (You could use zip cord, for example, with the small power connectors typically used on laptops, etc.)

How will you charge the battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back