Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inteface PIC18 with TCP/IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

venod_08

i'm doing a final year project regarding zigbee wireless microcontroller network.

i would like to know how can i interaface a microcontroller with TCP/IP.

pls help. tq.

microchip has a tcp/ip stack that is free i think.they also have a zigbee stack, a zigbee tranceiver, and an ethernet chip.

Speaking of TCP/IP ...has anyone done any work on publishing a web page from an MCU device? Like how printers and Routers have their own home page etc?

Um, ...I'd like to make a device that can publish it's own page and respond to a ping when queried via a TCP/IP address.

Specifically I want to do some autonomous irrigation and motion sensing for praedial larceny in farmers fields. the MCU running the sensors would publish a web page that carries data on the various sensors and perhaps even crack off an e-mail alert when necessary.

Ah I see.

Well, you can implement the ICMP server as part of the stack, so theres your PING, you will have to allow your router to do the necessaries.

The default MCHIP sample page includes this, it uses AJAX to get real time feedback from a POT. It even comes with an SMTP example.

Have you looked at the stack from Microchip at all?

Wilksey

That is a "lighter" version of the 97J60, I think the 97J60 is the top one in the 18F series isn't it? It's the one I always use.

Um, ...I'd like to make a device that can publish it's own page and respond to a ping when queried via a TCP/IP address.

Specifically I want to do some autonomous irrigation and motion sensing for praedial larceny in farmers fields. the MCU running the sensors would publish a web page that carries data on the various sensors and perhaps even crack off an e-mail alert when necessary.

Did that with a Rabbit2000 TCP/IP kit. TCP/IP came with the libraries, so I didn't need to write anything except modify the example HTML page. The board died before I got very far, and I didn't want to spend another $199 for a new one.

The Rabbit2000 was pretty neat, I've got one around here somewhere. I recall it's based on the Z80, but it was not an all in one IC like the PIC18F97J60.

anyone do have a schematic for this pic to be connected with the zigbee and also the RJ-45 connector?

it would be a great help.. i can't seem to find...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back