Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Insignia Television No Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfd492

Hello everyone

I was given an Insignia[ns lcd37] television that doesnt work. I was told there is sound but no picture. So i decided to take a look inside, i found what looks like a blown blue ceramic disc capacitor on the psu? Ive searched for a repair/service manual, but all i found was the user manual. My questions are :
1. Is this the cause of the problem? Are there other things i should check?
2. Will i be able to find this part and solder it in or do i need to get replacement power supply? The only markings i saw were on the board which was C527.

View attachment 66417
View attachment 66418
View attachment 66419
View attachment 66419
View attachment 66420
View attachment 66421
View attachment 66422
View attachment 66423

It's almost definitely part of the problem. Usually if a capacitor blows, it's because something else went wrong too. It's very rare that only one thing dies on a circuit board. When something dies, it usually causes a chain reaction. Unless you want to do a lot of serious testing with a multimeter, you might want to just get a new psu, or for that matter, a new tv.

I'm thinking TVTech is a repair guy. Perhaps he could help you out with this one.

I'm thinking TVTech is a repair guy. Perhaps he could help you out with this one.

Hi DerStrom

I would rather point the problem to Nigel. Nigel does all the latest stuff like LCD, etc. Expensive to repair.

I am strictly a CRT tech. Where we can still do component level repairs at minimal cost to the consumer.

Cheers,
tvtech

that board looks like Samsung made it. a while back Samsung had some problems with some batches of those blue ceramics. try replacing the one that's burnt and cracked. it might work. but i would check other components in that section of the primary side, the chopper transistor could also be shorted.

thanks for the help. well ive ordered another board from Green Chip Electronic & Appliance Parts (**broken link removed**) but that board seems even worse than the one i have. I plugged it in and the tv didnt even turn on. Im not sure how i would test the components which is why i went and got another board.

i checked the voltages off the original board and they are within .5v of the spec. Where should i go from here? Do i continue testing? or should i return the crap board from green chip and see if i can get one that works off ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back