Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input: variable voltage; Output: 3 LEDs switching depending on voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelapex

I'm trying to assemble a circuit that will switch between 3 LEDs depending on input voltage. Electronic knowledge is very-very basic, but I'm working on it. I want 3rd LED to blink when circuit switches to it. Looks like I can accomplish with 555 timer.

So... Let's say input voltage is 0-9v
0-4v - nothing
4-6v - 1st LED
6-8v - 2nd LED
8-9v - 3rd LED blinking.

I'd like to be able to adjust points where each LED lights up (couple pots?). I want them to switch without overlap.

Is there some kind of voltage sensing relay or something like that?... Please, point in the right direction. Thank you.

**broken link removed**

Used to indicate if an aircraft alternator is charging. Voltage trip points can be seen in the plot. They can be altered quite easily.

Last edited:
A way to do it is with a chip LM3914 in dot mode and a blinking LED for LED3; many pins of the IC will be unused and is adjustable. It is capable to drive a row of up to 10 leds by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back