Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input Impedance OpAmp Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

panfilero

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what the input impedance to this op-amp circuit is. I have 2 ways I've been thinking about this, and I'm not sure which one is right, or if they're both wrong. I'm looking for the input impedance as seen by the AC voltage source, V1.

InputImpedance.JPG

Way 1: It's the impedances of C1, C2, and R3 in series. Done

Way 2: Thinking about a virtual short, it's C1, C2, R3, and R2 in series. Done

Basically, I'm wondering if R2 plays a role in the input impedance (as defined above) in this circuit.

much thanks!

The virtual ground appears at the op amp (-) input, which is due to the negative feedback through R4. It's a virtual ground not a virtual short. Thus the impedance at the (+) input (R1 in parallel with R2) has no effect on that.

So the correct answer is Way 1.

R2 has nothing to do with the input. It forms a voltage divider with R1 to bias the (+) input of the opamp.
So Way 1 is correct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back