Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input and Output of Schmitt Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdmuashr

I want to apply an input (ramp) voltage which varies from 0 - 30 V to Schmitt Trigger and I want to get an output voltage from 0 - 30V.
Furthermore I want to have low threshold voltage at 0 V and high threshold voltage at 30 V.
Can someone help/guide me in this regard?
What is the highest output provided by the Schmitt Trigger?

Schmidt triggers don't work like that. Their most important difference from other circuits is that their threshold voltage is NOT zero. That's why I can't tell you how to get a Schmidt trigger to trigger at zero volts.

You can buy digital logic gates with Schmitt trigger inputs but they're fixed around half the supply voltage.

A comparator can be configured as a Schmitt trigger with any input voltage you like.

Here's a link to a comparator tutorial.

You can buy digital logic gates with Schmitt trigger inputs but they're fixed around half the supply voltage.

A comparator can be configured as a Schmitt trigger with any input voltage you like.

Here's a link to a comparator tutorial.[/QUOT

I don't see the link?

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back