Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inline config storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

donbondave

hey I'm more of a mechanical engineer than electrical, and I'm new to the forums. Thanks for having me. Searching around, I couldn't find much on this...

I have a main controller with 9-pin TYCO connectors. I'm connecting a sensor device with 4/9 pins being used. 2 for power, and 2 for a sensor. I want to store calibration data ON the sensor, not in my main controller. I only need 10 digits total, so I'm thinking a 1kb storage chip is fine.

Question is, what are these chips called, how do I flash my calibration data to them, and can I have the data read during/after POST. I'd prefer not to have a huge serial plug mounted on my sensor. Something "inline" would be groovy.

It's called an EEPROM or a flash EEPROM. They are normally accessed by a microprocessor.

What is "inline"

Post information on the actual controller and sensor you are using so we can help you further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back