Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ink level maintainer -sensor..

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am building an ink level maintainer which checks and maintains a specified level of ink in ink bottle...what i need is an analog sensor which can tell the depth to which the ink bottle is filled....i hav thought of 2-3 types of sensors but am not sure they will work..please help me out.

1)ir distance sensor: but i dont think the ink surface would reflect enough ir ray as it is a fluid as well as black/dark blue in colour...
2)weight sensor: lets say i want 20ml of ink in my bottle..so i can calculate the weight for 20ml..now if there is lesser ink than 20ml ,the weight would be less ..i can measure this weight difference and convert to voltage...but i dont know how sensetive this system would be..and even if i can measure weight difference for small drop in ink leve,i dont know how to convert this weight into voltage...
3)ultrasonic sensor: but i dont know how to use it to find the ink level in a small bottle?i mean the bottles are very small and i dont think sound is agood option for it....

i dont really think any of the 3 options above will work...can anyone tell me a better soln. to my problem...in need of urgent help...pls reply asap...

I found the second option is the best choice. Consider the weight itself as voltages. You've to use an electronic weighting machine. You need to program a microcontroller to maintain the ink level when weight varies in some ranges.

You might also consider a capacitive sensor. The ink probably has a huge dielectric constant compared to air, might even be able to put it on the outside of the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back