Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Initial Condition of Inductor in OrCad

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhdonnadio

I'm trying to run a parametric sweep on for the initial current of an inductor but I keep getting errors. I made IC a global parameter and when I run a parametric sweep under transient analysis everything goes horribly wrong. How do I get this to work?
Here is what it keeps saying:

*Analysis directives:
.TRAN 0 7.5s 0 .005ms
.STEP PARAM {IC} LIST -35.162mA -17.561mA 0
------------$
ERROR(ORPSIM-16060): Invalid global param name
.PROBE V(alias(*)) I(alias(*)) W(alias(*)) D(alias(*)) NOISE(alias(*))
.INC "..\SCHEMATIC1.net"

**** INCLUDING SCHEMATIC1.net ****
* source BLAB
V_V1 N00110 0
+SIN {Vdc} {Vac} 5k 0 0 0
R_R1 N00110 N00123 200
L_L1 N00123 0 35mH IC={IC}
.PARAM vac=20 ic=0 vdc=0

**** RESUMING blab.cir ****
.END

This is a wild guess. Looks like you have a case issue. You described the parameters as Vdc and Vac ( notice the uppercase "V" ) then in your .PARAM, you wrote vac and vce ( notice the lower case "v" ) Also, "IC" and "ic". Been a long time since I used pspice, so I might be all wet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back