Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

infrared transmitter and receiver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

a.s.zidan

Hello, I'm looking for very simple plans/schematics for an infrared transmitter and receiver for small distances and avoid problem of work on daylight as the sun has infrared so if circuit output is led it shine in daylight and don't switched of when put an obstacle between the transmitter and receiver .
afriend tell me can use modulated transmitting & receiving. are this true.
plz if anyone had some available or could point me in the right direction.
Any help would be appreciated - Thanks
!

using IR is not easy in direct sunlight
what distance do you want ?
and what are you transmitting ? audio~ video ?

Are you willing to use a microcontroller? I have a design based on the 12F509 that detects at a distance of 2 to 3 inches or so in bright sunlight.

John

Last edited:
At a minimum, you will need to use a modulated tx and matching receiver. I think it would be very difficult to do without that. If you want to try anyway, put the rx at the end of a 1 to 3" tube and aim carefully at each other.

John

Just look up your favorite vendor. Vishay is one. Check out its IR emitter and detector modules, such as this one. You can use a 555 or 556 to get the correct modulation for the emitter.

John

What you can do is drive the transmitter led with a basic oscillator, and the receiving led just like if it was direct on/off but decoupled and smoothed with a capacitor, after that a simple schmitt trigger can be used to get it back to digital compatible on/off.

Hello

Why is there a need of sensing IR in your project?
You can work on visible light intensity alone.

Last edited:
hi guys i want to modify this circuit to avoid sun light

**broken link removed**

Section 2 -
Infrared Light Photo-Detector Circuit
Basic Phototransistor Detector

what are you trying to do with the cct ? detect a toy train as shown on the link to section 2 ?

if so just mount the diode and tranny in a separate long dark tube each side of the track with a red filter over the end

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back