Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared Tracking Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

murali1302

hi everyone, iam bit very confused by the way i messed up with my project...i perfectly programmed my mirocontroller ,but i made tat for stepper motor ,which became flop. now iam trying to do it with a dc motor, but iam not sure of how a dc motor works and the compatability of the microcontroller and the dc motor.so, here is my question. can i use my same program which i used for stepper motor (sounds absurd!)or i have to modify my program... the also i need some info on driver circuit on dc motor control...here is my program....if some one can modify my program that will be gr8 help ....

Attachments

• Robot.asm
    831 bytes · Views: 640
Google "H-Bridge"

The most common and IMHO best way to control motors is with an h-bridge motor controller circuit. Google it to find tons of data.

No, you can't use your stepper motor code to run a DC motor. A stepper motor depends on a digital sequence like...

to energize the windings of the motor in the correct sequence to turn the motor by one increment. Totally different concept than DC motors.

oh... also Google PWM, Pulse Width Modulation to see how to get speed control of your DC motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back