Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared Thermometer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genuis

I want to create something that will make an alarm when my infrared camera goes beyond a certain temperature. How would I do this?

I hope you didn't mean "Genius" instead of "Genuis". That would be too rich! LOL

I'm not sure I understand your question "Genuis", but if you expand a little with some more detail I'm sure someone can offer a good suggestion.

I love the irony of that. I spell Genius wrong. LOL

Anyways, I'm trying to measure a specific location's temperature using an thermometer (preferably an infrared thermometer), so that if it goes beyond a certain temperature it will ring an alarm. How would I accomplish this?

What's it for?

You could get a handheld infrared thermometer, and hack it open and find an analog voltage signal inside that changes with the temperature. Then connect that analog voltage signal to any voltage detector circuit, ie using a comparator.

I bought one that actually had an internal header for remote reading it outputs a clocked bitstream of the temperature. Mine cost 60 bucks when I bought it but you can find cheaper ones which might require a little more hacking to interface with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back