Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

infrared reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneshane1

i was wondering if someone could help me on this matter,i made a ir transmitter and it is working,but i have know idea how the reciever works,all i want to do is light up an LED when the transmitter is on,and turn it off when the transmitter is off. the receiver is a infrared phototransistor with 2 prongs, anode ,cathode any help would be great THANKS....

Connect the photodiode cathode in series with a resistor (say 10K for starters) and connect the whole lot accross a supply (say 5V) with the resistor to positive.
Use a comparator (or op-amp connected as a comparator) with its + input connected to the photodiode/resistor junction.
Bias the - input to say 1V using a couple of resistors accross the supply.

Connect the LED to 0V and the comparator output with a series resistor (about 150R for 5V supply).

you might have to adjust the bias resistors and/or the 10K resistor to get required sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back