Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared Photodiode Sensor Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon.h

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone of the experts can give me advice on the above.

I need to trigger a counter when a beam of IR light is cut, using a photodiode & phototransistor. The timer circuit is done, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Cheers Russlk, but.......

Got all the components, using a NE555 timer, IR LED's, IR phototransistor etc but its the actual wiring up of the system I am unsure of.

As the beam of light is cut, I want the red LED I am using in the detector, to go out & trigger a timing device, how exactly would I go about this?

Try this:

Attachments

• TIMER_119.jpg
    TIMER_119.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 3,281
russlk, with the voltage divider like that on pins 6 and 7 isn't that astable mode? wouldn't he want monostable and pin 3 (output) connected to the 7-seg display controller?

i could be wrong...

No, I did not show the output connection. Astable mode is when pin 2 and 6 are connected. The pulse width is very short when pin6 and 7 are connected, this arrangement widens the pulse width.

Need circuit in Tx and Rx data through InfraRed

Hi everyone,
I have a problem here. I am currently working on a project. It requires me to transmit data from one end to the other using Infra-Red. I've got a 38kHz signal generated using a 555 timer, an IR diode and a receiving module IS1U60. From what i understand, the IS1U60 should allow me to get a High output when theres no signal received and a Low signal where theres a 38kHz waveform. I tried to transmit the 38kHz over to the receiving module but fail to get the desired output as stated. Please help me......its urgent. Thanks

Alvin-Lee: Here is a quote from another website:
Sharp IS1U60 (available at RS, it seems that this IC draws much more current than the others)
Warning: Some users have reported problems with the IS1U60 receiver. It picks up ambient light and is nearly unusable with fluorescent lamps. If ever possible get a different receiver.

Check this URL for other receivers:
https://www.lirc.org/receivers.html

However, does your circuit work if you get the transmitting LED close enough? Post your circuit if you want more feedback.

Russlk said:
Alvin-Lee: Here is a quote from another website:
Sharp IS1U60 (available at RS, it seems that this IC draws much more current than the others)
Warning: Some users have reported problems with the IS1U60 receiver. It picks up ambient light and is nearly unusable with fluorescent lamps. If ever possible get a different receiver.

Check this URL for other receivers:
https://www.lirc.org/receivers.html

However, does your circuit work if you get the transmitting LED close enough? Post your circuit if you want more feedback.

Haha! :lol: That's no surprise. RS selling a junk IC. :lol: They're no good anymore. :x

Infra-Red

I cant get anything transmitted even if I get the emitter to touch the receiver. The circuit is pretty simple. I attach one leg of the Infra-Red to a 38khz signal generated from a 555 timer. On the receiving end, I power up IS1U60 and attach a probe on the output. I get a constant high which means the receiver is not receiving any signal at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back