Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

infrared linear actuator

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know if you could help me but here it goes. I am trying to get a linear actuator controlled by an infrared transmitter & receiver like shown in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLodZGNvV9k . The infrared transmitter will emit a modulated signal to the infrared transmitter which be connected to the linear actuator as well as a microprocessor (preferably the basic stamp) & that will command the actuator to do a certain action (in this case, it's just simply descending & ascending). Another clip here shows an actuator controlled using arduino I believe: https://www.instructables.com/id/Standing-Linear-Actuator-powered-by-Modtronix/ . But the biggest problem for me is setting up the circuits for the infrared transmitter & receiver, since I'm not exactly sure of which components to incorporate...this circuit right here shows what components to use but I don't know how to set it up on a solderless breadboard: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2013/03/ci3-ir-remote.pdf . Anyone got any tips on how this can work?

but I don't know how to set it up on a solderless breadboard
What don't you understand? Can you read the schematic and identify all the components? Have you ever used a solderless breadboard?

i can identify all the components but I don't know how to set that schematic up on a solderless breadboard. No I've never used a breadboard before. I would appreciate it if someone was able to duplicate the schematic shown in the last link on a solderless breadboard, because I don't know which holes to put the components in.

I would appreciate it if someone was able to duplicate the schematic shown in the last link on a solderless breadboard, because I don't know which holes to put the components in.
There are various breadboard types available, with differenct numbers and interconnections of the sockets ('holes'). Most types, if not all, have the sockets connected row-wise (or column-wise), i.e the sockets in a row are connected in groups, each group comprising several adjacent sockets. The choice of which group to assign to one or more components is entirely up to you.

Just for you, there are now clear breadboards available for you: **broken link removed**

Usually there are 2 strips of 2 on the outer edge. These sometimes have a break in them at the middle, so you have 4 separate terminal strips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back