Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

infra-red sensor. some tips please

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsoad

Hello,
I need to build my IR sensor array for my line follower robot and i need some help from you.
I am willing to use a IR led as emitter, and a photo diode as a receiver. Both of them have 940 nm wavelength. They need to make the distinction between black and white ground, and to give a different current intensity to the AD converter of the microcontroller.
I need to know if the following circuit will work good for me . So please give me your opinions.

https://img710.imageshack.us/i/irsensor.png/

I am not sure if the photo diode from the receiver is well positioned.

Also,i found out that i may need to cut out the ambient light and so i will need additional circuitry ,for example some amplifiers to make a filter.

I do not want to make performant sensors, i just want to know if the basic circuit, shown in the picture i uploaded, is capable of being a decent IR sensor.

Thank you very much, and i wait for your responses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back