Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infra-Red remote switch(HELP?!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntero

Hi there guys, i have a question for you, and a "problem" to solve.

So i came with the ideia of making an IR activated switch, what i wanted to do is this:

I want to tur on and off the power of a wall lamp, i have an old remote control IR LED, an i was hoping you guys could tell me what to buy and how to assemble it so i could just be lying on my bed reading and when i had enough i just push the button and lights out!!!

I was thinking about something simple, like a light receiving diode(is this the right name?),but hey, im just a newbie!!!

Last edited:
well im sorry but i read the whole thread and i didnt catch a thing on how to turn on/off my lights remotely, i mean i dont need much range, im talkin about 3 meters(+/-9ft) tops...

Follow the link to the IR receiver module. It has an output pin which goes low anytime there is an interruption of the IR beam. I used that as a beam-break detector. You can use it it to receive data from an IR remote, or a transmitter you build yourself using an IR LED. Your detection logic could be something as simple as long break for ON, short break for OFF, or one short break for ON, two short breaks for OFF, etc.

I got about 3m range, even outside in sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back