Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Info on on VHDL & Verilog simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

p3004962

Hi All,

I have been direct to this site. I have a FYP needs to design a logic simulator, I select this only project is that I have EE background and programming knowledges.

My professor only gives me some keywords as:
Hardware Description Language, WDL and Event Driven Simulation.

I have checked all from the web but don't know how a logic simulator could be built by those keywords. As parts of project, should I build the praser/compiler and waveform generator too.

Can somebody help to advise if this forum or other forums right to discuss about.

Tks/Brgd.

One of the programs we're using here is the Xilinx Integrated Software Environment (ISE). Its a fully integrated package that provides the HDL environment, emulation & timing analysis, device programming, plus a few other features I haven't tried. As far as I know, we've used it for ABEL and VERILOG, but I'm really not an expert on it so that's about all I can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back