Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infineon IGBT LTSpice Simulation Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

y89

Migrated from https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/pspice-to-ltspice-igbt-model.121631/

Hello,
I know that this post is quite old but is describes also my current problems.
I'm also trying to implement an Infineon IGBT into my LTSpice. It has the .subckt statement.
On the infineon page is the file which I'm using (the fist one):
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/search.html#!view=all&term=igbt simulation model spice&area=downloads

I used the NIGBT inside the standard library and changed the the prefix to x and the value to IKW40N65H5A_L2.
Then I changed the name of the .lib file to IKW40N65H5A_L2.txt and copied it to the directory in which my schematics are.
My last step the was the SPICE directive : .inc IKW40N65H5A_L2.txt

When I start the simlation, I get the following error:
Unknown subcircuit called in: xu1 drain gate source IKW40N65H5A_L2

Could someone help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello y89, Welcome to ETO!

I have moved your question to its own thread. It's better to link to an old thread than to resurrect a dead one :)

Regards,
Matt

There may be a simpler way, but the following worked for me :_
1) Downloaded the library from the link,
2) renamed it IGBTs.lib,
3) copied it all to the ....\LTspiceIV\lib\sub folder,
4) placed the IGBT symbol on the schematic,
5) right-clicked the symbol and changed its value to IKW40N65H5A_L2,
6) added the directive .inc IGBTs.lib.

I married the Infineon library to a LTSpice schematic, but when I try to run it, the simulator is struggling. The library has a bunch of suggested .OPTIONS statements; I tried those. I tried the alternate solver in LTSpice, and that is no go as well.

Attached is .zip file that marries the .lib file to the .asc file...

Attachments

• test.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 334
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back