Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ine follower

Status
Not open for further replies.

puneethsss

Hi guys,
I am working with my friends on our project-Line follower. AS I am in IT-dept, and now in second year, I dint come across Microcontrollers yet. My lecturer advised me to use a comparator instead. Plzz help me choose. And about the sensors, is it ok to use ir sensor or a photo diode? I saw some thing about the sensors from old mouses and stuff, can i use them?? And how many? If I use the comparator, how can i control the voltage to the motors??? :confused::confused:

You can use the Ir leds from a mouse to work as light detectors you wire them backwards they will pick up light very good I have used a opamp as comparator with them the Ir transistors in the mouse don't pickup to good if it's light source is not real close.

if u want ur project done fast go ahead with Opamps because u will take time to learn ucontrollers. About how to able to drive motors u will need to use buffer ICs like ULN2004 or L298(H bridge). about the sensors the IR leds and photo dodes is a fine choice for a starter as range is not a big pbm for U.
Good Luck
Buddy

A Lm339 will work and you can use a npn for Q4 and Q2
U1: LM339 Quad comparator
* D1,D4: QSD523 infrared LED
* Q1,Q3: QSD124 phototransistor
* Q2,Q4: N-challel power MOSFET
* D2,D5: Red LED
* D3,D6: 1 Amp, 50V Fast Recovery Rectifier
* R1,R6: 500 ohm
* R2,R7: 10k ohm
* R3,R8: 100k ohm potentiometer
* R4,R9: 100k ohm
* R5,R10: 1k ohm

right. I am getting somewhere now.
And can v simulate the circuit in the matlab uh??
i cannot find any LM339 here!!:confused:

Any comparator would just about work list what you can get I did a line follower with a 12f683 still working out some bugs but it looks good.

i cannot find any LM339 here!!
I get most of the parts from old toys and
TV VCR watch the TV it can hurt you. If you can find a old VCR you can get all you need to make a good line follower

@be80be..

thanx fr ur concern.
but i am living god damned hostel..
tell me a good simulater plzzz
i tried pspice and got stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back