Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inductors

Status
Not open for further replies.

nusry

i have bought some inductors,
8.2nH, 3.9nH, 2.7nH

these are SMD (not through hole) and very small
cannot handle with hand

can i buy through hole inductors (for these values)?
or is there any way to operate with SMD types? because these are very very small...

please help me?
i don't know what to do....

Attachments

• Capture..PNG
    Capture..PNG
    51 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Why do you need such small henry values? Those are barely above what parasitic inductance in straight wire is. In fact I think a single piece of copper wire one or two centimeters long will have a parasitic inductance higher than those values.

Last edited:
No, you can't buy through hole inductors that small, the inductance of the leads would be too high.

Make your own using a few turns of tinned copper wire, various calculators can be found using your favourite search engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back