Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjones

Hello,
I am looking for what I think is an Inductor, It goes on a circuit board for a CMM machine. It has a number of 565-2 on it and seems to be made by a company that starts with a F. It looks similair to a resistor but has small copper windings on it. It is rated at 100 micro henry's and 1 A. Can anyone help identifying? You can see the burnt one in the upper right hand corner of the picture. If a closer picture is needed, I will try.

Thanks

Attachments

• 356730B8.jpg
    356730B8.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 278
Hi Tjones,

Inductors don't fry that way without a reason, it's only a length
of wire wound on a former or a core. By the look of it I can see
that it is well done, so it has passed a considerable amount of
current. There will probably be a dead short on that power supply
line. Replacing that inductor won't do the trick, you gonna have
to dig deeper to find out what caused the excessive current that
fried your inductor.
If you want to make a better picture try putting it on a scanner.

on1aag.

Tjones said:
Hello,
I am looking for what I think is an Inductor, It goes on a circuit board for a CMM machine. It has a number of 565-2 on it and seems to be made by a company that starts with a F. It looks similair to a resistor but has small copper windings on it. It is rated at 100 micro henry's and 1 A. Can anyone help identifying? You can see the burnt one in the upper right hand corner of the picture. If a closer picture is needed, I will try.

Thanks
hi,
It looks identical to the inductor next to it, they appear to be connected to the pcb connector on the right handside.
Its looks like a supply line filter, that value of 100uH and 1A rating would be easy to source.
My concern is that the actual problem is the main board itself and the choke/inductor has burnt out due to over current.
If you replace it without finding the problem, most likely a short, the replacement will also fail.

Where are you posting from?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back