Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductor pin question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionITR

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I have never bought an inductor with this kind of pinout before.

If you look at the datasheet of the attached file, you will see that the inductors have what looks like two mutually coupled inductors. If I want to use the inductor like normal:

**broken link removed**

Which pins do I use?

Attachments

• PC2005_37.pdf
    133.3 KB · Views: 212
You missed off the most import part of the symbol, the DOT that signifies the start of the winding - to put the windings in parallel you join the dots together, and the other ends together. To place them in series you join the dot of one winding to the non-dot of the other - and make the connections to the two remaining wires.

Thanks.

Is the rated inductance the inductance of them in series or in parallel? I bought the 168uH LCI-44 series inductor. Is the 168uH when connected in parallel or in series?

FusionITR said:
I bought the 168uH LCI-44 series inductor.

Maybe I am being a bit thick here but I dont see a 168uH anything in the list. And I think the LCI-44 has just a single winding.
Just my interpretation of the datasheet.

JimB

JimB said:
Maybe I am being a bit thick here but I dont see a 168uH anything in the list. And I think the LCI-44 has just a single winding.
Just my interpretation of the datasheet.

JimB

I know its not on here, but its an LCI-44 series inductor.

I ordered it from Digi-key, link here: **broken link removed**

There are single(HCI,LCI) and double wound (HCCI,LCCI)inductors on that page. You have bought a a Low Current Inductor ie the single winding.

FusionITR said:
Thanks.

Is the rated inductance the inductance of them in series or in parallel? I bought the 168uH LCI-44 series inductor. Is the 168uH when connected in parallel or in series?
In series you multiply it by two and divide it by two for parallel - just like resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back