Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductor Color code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson777717

Good day All!

I've been harvesting components from old electronic devices (again). I came across an Inductor (at least I think that it is an inductor because the PCB stated "L1"). The inductor looks similar to a 1/2 watt resistor, with color bands, axial leads etc.

Does anyone know the color code system to find the value of this inductor? Is the color code system similar to that of resistors? Also, what unit of measure is the color code system based upon? uH? H? etc.

I appreciate your assistance. Have a good evening!

The info I have here says its essential the same code. A three band colour code would express the inductor value in micro Henries.

Thank you very much for your help folks. I suppose I should have resorted to Google before asking. :roll:

Thank you for your time, and your input. Have a great one!

The flip side of the Radio Shack resistance color code calculator is set up for inductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back