Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inductor and ouput for synch buck

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifahaywire

i've been posting regarding my project for quite some time already.

my synchronous buck converter is working fine, the LEDs are lighting up like i wanted them too.
but the waveform across the inductor is
View attachment 62454
and the waveform across the LED
View attachment 62455

but if the load is only a 150ΩΩ resistor (without the LEDs) the output waveform is
View attachment 62456
and the voltage across the inductor is
View attachment 62457

i'm just wondering why :confused:

and another problem is now that i'm using 4 power supply. one for TL494, two for the optocouplers for each IGBT. and one more for the source. how do i minimize them into one. all three (supply for TL494 and opto) uses 12V.

supply voltage is about 60V. and duty cyle is 12.5%.

With the LEDs, the converter is running in a discontinuous mode. There are 3 phases of the operation.
1) When the voltage across the inductor is positive and steady, the current in the inductor is increasing
2) When the voltage across the inductor is negative and steady, the current in the inductor reduces, eventually getting to nothing.
3) The oscillation is when the switches and diodes are not conducting, and there is some oscillation from the inductance and the stray capacitance in the circuit.

Without the LEDs, the converter is running in continuous mode. There are 2 phases of operation.
1) When the voltage across the inductor is positive and steady, the current in the inductor is increasing
2) When the voltage across the inductor is negative and steady, the current in the inductor reduces but does not get to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back