Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductive sensor wiring to 24v and conecting resistors and zener diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAYNESCH

Hi guys
I have an Inductive sensor for my 3d printer and would want to connect it to my printer board.
My printer board has a 5v connection point with signal and ground. My inductive sensor NPN Type is 6-36v 300ma
with - neg blue wire, black - signal and brown + wire.. Will connect it from my printers 24v PSU. I have attached a drawing but would change the
single 1.5 k resistor to 2 x 1.5k and 1 x 1k resistors in serie with a 5v zener diode. Do I need to branch the ground to the board aswell? If so would it be from the neg blue wire, at the bottom before or after zener diode? Will this installation work well?

Your assistance will be appreciated.
PROBE LAYOUT FROM 24V.png

Last edited:
I would take the Sign to the POS+ instead and clamp the other side of the resistor with the zener, this would also be the point that would connect to the sign, the NEG's or GND would need to each be connected.
The resistor would be the load for the open collector.
Max.

Last edited:
You may not need anything else even the pull up to 5v if the output is open collector and the input to the Board is sourcing, opto isolator etc, then just the input will offer the load for open collector output (sinking)..
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back