Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductive Heating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I have a titanium plate, approximately 1.5" x 1.5" square, and maybe 0.05" thick. I would like to heat it using an inductive coil to a minimum of 200°C, but no more than 250°.

Ive started researching inductive heating but a lot of the results are for a large heater (thousands of watts) and such, nothing nearly as small as I need. Does anyone have any resources that might come in handy? Im reading a Fairchild app note on inductive heating right now for the formulas, but anything you guys can suggest would be great!

why induction heating for such a small item and specific temperature range?

Right now it is being heated with a flame, which works fine, but takes 30 seconds to a minute to get it as hot as necessary. The temperature range isnt specific, only the minimum is necessary. I was hoping to speed up heating to just a few seconds using an inductive heater.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back