Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

induction in conductor moving in magnetic field

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi

Please help me with the queries in the attachment. If you like you can combine both questions. I have unsuccessfully tried to find some decent diagram on the net using the search words "voltage on conductor moving in magnetic field" Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Hi

I understand it now. Thank you for giving it a look. I will continue this thread some other related problem. Thanks.

Regards
PG

that looks like it's out of Chapman's book

glad u understand it

the wire is parallel to the page, going up and down, as drawn

vxB runs along the same direction as the wire, again, parallel to the page, up and down
(v points to the right, B is into the page ('X' means into the page), so by right hand rule, u have vxB)

Hi

Yes, it's from Chapman's book. By the way, could you please tell me your opinion of this book? I don't find it very good although I have just finished its first chapter. It needs you to memorize the stuff without explaining anything. Perhaps, it's best suited for practicing engineers etc. Other bad thing is layout of the book. The book doesn't highlight important equations or definition and it has set everything in one color! Thank you.

I love the book...I appreciate it more now than when I was learning the material

on the flip side, I can see the problems with the book

it cant decide whether it wants to be a power systaems book or a machines book...that is the problem there...overall the power systems part of it is weak

but I think the machines chapters are very excellent, detailed, and thorough

overall I love the book, it has some good end-of-chapter problems...problems that arent necessarily hard, but sometimes tricky with an intent to hit on a crucial point

he is also very good at explaining concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back