Inducting high frequency current on human skin capable of lighting a lightbulb. (Like Tesla)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaroslav Já

So me and my classmate decided to do this as our project. So far we have tried to induce some current via standart mutual induction of two coils, and we are quite far from making this work for human skin. From what I know we will need frequency around 1MHz (approx resonance frequency of human body) and really strong magnetic field. We think we could 'support' the skin effect by soaking the hand in water helping us avoid any potential harmfull effect of the current.
I was wondering what are your thoughts about this and whether anyone else tried this as well and if you could give us some useful tips.

So me and my classmate decided to do this as our project. So far we have tried to induce some current via standart mutual induction of two coils, and we are quite far from making this work for human skin.

Have you read about diathermy? There is a wealth of information on it, including new research.

From what I know we will need frequency around 1MHz (approx resonance frequency of human body) and really strong magnetic field.

Can you provide a reference for that "fact?" 1 MHz is right in the middle of the AM radio band. There is a 50 KW station in Chicago at 1.0 MHz (WMVP). I don't feel any different driving by its antennas than when I drive by any other station.

We think we could 'support' the skin effect by soaking the hand in water helping us avoid any potential harmfull effect of the current.

Not quite sure what you plan to do. How well does 1 MHz radio penetrate water? What do you mean by "support the skin effect." Why do you think water would prevent harmful effects? Don't forget, you are mostly water.

As a general comment, your question is rather vague and seems to be based on some faulty assumptions about behavior of the human body. Again, just search on diathermy, some of which uses a frequency of about 1 MHz, and read about the various methods that have evolved from the earliest machines.

John

Our informations are based on Tesla's work (On light and other high frequency phenomena, 1893) where he talks about this experiment.
To the skin effect - it is unharmful at high frequencies indeed, you can easily find some experiments on youtube or anywhere else. The difference is we are trying to make something like that wireless.

To the water - thanks to the skin effect, at such high frequencies, the current will flow mostly on the very top of our skin, where, unfortunately, is not much water. Soaking the skin with water should reduce resistance.

I am sorry for my lack of skills to explain myself correctly in English. This topic was mostly pointed to people who might have some experience with this experiment and would know what I mean.

From that it doesn't sound to me like you can do this without frying yourself....

Take a peace of soaked leather and try the experiment. The closest thing I can think of is a fresh cadaver.

Just be careful you don't make a Frankenstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…