Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

indicator warning buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetheteach

I am an absolute beginner and need some help please.
I am trying to make an indicator warning system for my motorcycle that is disabled when the brake lights are on. (that way it is quiet when sitting at lights)
what would I need to put into the circuit, I know I could use a relay, but that is a bit bulky for this application.
Many thanks

View attachment 63162

Basically it sounds like you want the buzzer to sound whenever the indicator is on but the brake lights aren't. With 2 inputs you'd have a total of 4 possible states and only for one of them do you want the buzzer to be going off. If that is correct then you can accomplish what you're trying to do using a logic circuit of 3 NAND gates. You can read about NAND gates here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negated_AND_gate

The NAND gates you can use will come in a 14 pin chip. There are 4 NAND gates inside but you'll only need 3. For the unusued one, I'm not sure if it can be left floating or not. The data sheet might address that or maybe someone else can clarify.

The CD4011 is an example of a NAND gate you could use. You can check it out here:

https://www.futurlec.com/4000Series/CD4011.shtml

Lastly, you'll need to know how much current the buzzer uses because you'll need a transistor between the output of your NAND gates and the buzzer.

This should do it, providing the buzzer draws < ~ 600mA

Another possibility. If the buzzer current is small relative to the brake lamp current. I think this might work.

Ken

Am I wrong in assuming that the "indicator" is for the turn signal?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back