Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

indication of Capacitor discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattm

hi,
A little assitance please for a simple cost effective solution, I want to monitor a discharge of a capacitor, it will release 50vdc at around 1 amp, i want to know that at upto 6 points in a simple series circuit would have seen the discharge, is there any other way apart from a latching relay? i only need to register the discharge so anything can be set off or swiched at 5vdc etc.

hi,
i want to know that at upto 6 points in a simple series circuit would have seen the discharge
If it is really a series circuit you only need to know the change at any one point. Can you post a schematic of you series circuit?

Hi, sorry you are right, I was trying to say we need to know at 6 points along the curcuit, to know at 1 point would be fine but we would like to know all 6 points had seen the discharge. Sorry have no diagram.

6 loads approx 2-20ohms each, we have used 6 bistable relays at 6vdc (23ohms) in the past, but they are difficult to get hold of as its a non standard relay, most time we need to special order them, just wondering whether there was a simpler way.

So what is the load? Six equal resistors or ??? ?

You sound as if you even know what the O.P. was asking for; do you?

They said:
I want to monitor a discharge of a capacitor, it will release 50vdc at around 1 amp, i want to know that at upto 6 points in a simple series circuit would have seen the discharge [...]

What does that even mean? "Seen the discharge"??? I have no idea.

hi, bad description on my part. basically the output vdc from the capacitor, I want to know that at 6 different points we have a vdc. The problem for me ( as you can tell not electronics background) is that the capacitor is not a constant signal, I would like to know after 10-20 minutes of walking around that we did see a VDC at a certain point from the capacitor

Last edited:
hi , to both of you whom have posted a comment, let me go away and think about what and how I am trying to describbe this and start again, thanks for you time so far though.

hi , to both of you whom have posted a comment, let me go away and think about what and how I am trying to describbe this and start again, thanks for you time so far though.
Good idea. I'm also baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back