Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Incubator for multiple-birds breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

XIA

hi there,
am stuck with this project.. dont know how to start and where to start from.......
if anyone of you have any idea about it.. like temperature sensor, humidity control etc..
help me please
thanks in advc.

what sort of temperature ranges you looking for??
is humidity an issue for bird eggs?

i am a reptile keeper and breeder so i have loads of experience in incubating reptile eggs, i belive the only real difference for birds is that the eggs need to be turned.

yup humidity is an issue as well.. and yes theyre to be turned.......
dono am just beginner.. don even know how to do it..
how do you do that.. i mean wiv yoa repties.. have you yoaself made the incubator??

i am in the process of developing a thermostat to regulate such an environment, only its designed for reptiles. so it wont turn the eggs.

a basic setup in your case would be a thermostat connected to a heatbulb, a hygrometer, and you can turn the eggs yourself, a more automated setup will require a bit more mechanics

you have to use one ?? i take it this is for an assignment then??

if all you need is the thermostat then you can buy one from a shop i guess

i cant help with the actual programming i just know how the device would work, and how to get the desired results.

you will need a temperature probe, 9700 thermisters are good and work on ADC
i also use HiH-5300-001 humidity sensors, also ADC

you may want a display 16x2 alphanumeric displays are quite good.

then you just need to set your variables so that when the temperature reaches the target temperature it turns the heaters off.

if your in your final year this shouldnt be too much trouble

then you just need to set your variables so that when the temperature reaches the target temperature it turns the heaters off.

if your in your final year this shouldnt be too much trouble

Even if it's his final year design following your advise will get him into deep sh.t. :D

Turning the heaters off when the target temperature is reached he'll not breed birds, but fry eggs. :)

A two degree temperature overshoot for each heating cycle will easily do that. :(

Boncuk

if it's his final year design following your advise will get him into deep sh.t. :D

Turning the heaters off when the target temperature is reached he'll not breed birds, but fry eggs. :)

"if it's her final year design following ........"
and see in our language its called.."neem hakeem khatra-e-jaan" a quack can be injurious to health ...
neva undaestimate anyone...
btw thanks boncuk..
am gona start it by tomorrow..
tankyew budd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back