Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Incubator design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chickenman

Happy Easter all!

I am working on a project. The project is an incubator for hatching eggs.

I know next to nothing about electronics and I was recommended to come here for help.

The incubator will be a small, insulated cabinet.

It needs four things:
1. It needs to maintain a temperature of 99f (thermostat)
2. It needs to turn eggs (an actuator with a throw of 3-6 inches. That operates on a timer and manual over ride)
3. It needs a heat element (to maintain the temperature)
4. It needs an LED light strip when the door is open.

Please folks, give me an idea of what I need to purchase and how to put it together.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and possibly give me some solutions.

I worked on this a few years ago, one thing you forgot was removal of CO2 and provision of O2 - eggs breath.

I used a Wemos mini setup as a web server to produce a page on my tablet that controlled everything.

The turning was done by a servo which moved a wooden tray so the eggs rolled.

Heating was provided by a 50W resistor. 3Ω on 12V = 48W. A second heater with a piece of felt in water controlled humidity. If I remember correctly, humidity needs to increase to enable hatching.

I made a passive heat exchanger to allow air to be changed to allow breathing. This was done using a laser cutter and I don't have any details.

I used a DHT22 to measure temperature and humidity.

Just found this thread. Wow, turns out a few years ago was 9.

Mike.

It needs four things:
1. It needs to maintain a temperature of 99f (thermostat)
2. It needs to turn eggs (an actuator with a throw of 3-6 inches. That operates on a timer and manual over ride)
3. It needs a heat element (to maintain the temperature)
4. It needs an LED light strip when the door is open.

1) Use a heating pad and a home depot thermostat ? https://www.homedepot.com/s/temperature controller?NCNI-5

2) Describe a little more, you need one for each egg, explain requirement a little more
3) See 1)
4) Home depot LED strip + a door actuated switch https://www.homedepot.com/s/door switch?NCNI-5

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back