Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

incremental encoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

whizkid243

hey...there is this project that i stumbled upon.....being a mechanical engineering student i got no idea what encoders and the lot do!!!!!

can anyone give me the circuit diagram for a 3 bit incremental encoder!!!! well it must count from 1 to 999 and display the no. on a 7 segment display for every pulse that we give!!!!!! pls post asap!!!!

Last edited:
whizkid243 said:
hey...there is this project that i stumbled upon.....being a mechanical engineering student i got no idea what encoders and the lot do!!!!!

can anyone give me the circuit diagram for a 3 bit incremental encoder!!!! well it must count from 1 to 999 and display the no. on a 7 segment display for every pulse that we give!!!!!! pls post asap!!!!
hi,
This is an incremental encoder: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_encoder

Do you mean a 3 digit BCD logic ic counter, whose output drives 7seg displays.?:)

whizkid243 said:
ya...exactly!!!!! dats da one i want!!!!

OK,
In the SEARCH box, type bcd counter and you will see this question has been asked a number of times.

Look thru the threads and see if one answers your question, if not come back here..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back