Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

incremental encoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason82

hi.I want to know more about incremental encoder that i will be used in my project.My project is about dc motor control system.i will be using this incremental encoder to calculate the speed of rotation of dc motor's shaft.So,i hope to know more about this incremental encoder and its possible circuits.Thanks...

Basically, an incremental encoder is a device which will output a fixed number of pulses for each rotation of it's shaft. The number of pulses per rotation depends on the manufacturer and model of encoder but can be from hundreds to thousands of output pulses per shaft revolution. **broken link removed** about incremental encoders. JB

encoder

u want to use encoder in feedback circuit of the motor.If u have purchased an encoder then it must be specified like 1024 pulses per rotation etc;.These are digital pulses which u have to Filter proper and count using a counter circuit.then these counts have to be changed into a suitable variable where by u can compare the setpoint and measured values of speed of the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back