Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increasing transmitting range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wikisi

hi there,

what options, if any, do I have to increase the transmitting range of a rc toy car? I noticed there's a short antenna glued to the plastic body of the car. Will replacing this short antenna with a longer one do any good? If so, is the longer the better or does there come a point where increasing the length won't increase transmission any further? I assume i'd have to do this on both the transmitter and the receiver, correct?

Also, while doing some research I found some transmitter circuits. It said something about 20 to 30 turns of thin magnet wire wound around a non conductive form. When I took the plastic body of the toy car to reveal the board, I noticed this plastic cylindrical part with only 6 or 7 turns of thin wire. Why so few? What's the purpose of this part anyway? Would increasing the number of turns have any effect on the transmitting range?

I'm sorry about all the questions, but I didn't get any wiser from all the circuits i've seen. None were very detailed. Some had a list of what parts to get and how t oput it together, but didn't explain what the parts were for.

Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks.
Walter

Original post restored - moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
If newbies wern't welcome here the site would never have started. DUH
If you have a question I'm sure someone will be able to answer it or direct you to a resource you can find the answer in.

There is not enough information for somebody to answer:
The existing power of the transmitter?
How much power output do you need?
The frequency of the transmitter?
Will it be legal?

I had to go though a wall then overcome the other signals floating all over the building. Concrete poured in the cinder blocks.

Finally went to a garbage can and found an empty ( AMP ) can.

One slice, instant can tena. Worked for me maybe that's all OP needs.

kv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back