Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increasing sensitivity of IR Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbear

I purchased a surplus remote repeater (turns Infa-red remote signals into rf, and broadcasts it to a receiver) that works rather well, but the IR receivers capability to receive is raher lethargic. Unless the remote control is quite close to the IR receiver it doesnt work...move a foot away, and it doesnt receive it at all. Is there a simple preamp circuit that I can place in between the detector and the transmitter circuit.
I have tried replacing the IR photodiode with one that is supposidly more sensitive, with limited success.
Thanks in advance:eek:

If it's not working beyond 1ft range there is likely something wrong with the receiver, is the repeater rated for the same frequency as your remote? That would explain the decreased range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back