Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

increasing RF range

Status
Not open for further replies.

pittuck

Ok well i am playing with a small idea which is based on the small rechargeable cap/bats and need to increase the range. The currently work at only 5m best. Now i need to expand this further. Preferably 100+ meters (but this is ideal).

Now i have not had a look at the TX but i wondered if there is a way to boost the signal without too much adaption. Now not knowing much about RF i am a newbi so here, my ideal solution would be to use the signal which the unit currently sends to the antenna and amplify it. Is it possible? the frequency is between 35 and 45Mhz size is not too much of a problem.

Many thanks in advance

- Martyn

Martyn, while I have no idea what a cap/bat is there might be a good reason why it has such a short range.
The frequency spectrum is rather limited at the frequency range you are talking about. Increasing the RF power of a device would also increase the interference it could cause to other equipment.
The makers of this equipment know this and limit the RF power! Rf interference can be a big problem in our electronics dependant society.

So, for an easy solution you could try to improve the antenna's to get a bigger range without a RF power increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back