Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

increasing a dc voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either diode pumping (for low currents - few mA) or dc-dc converter (switching regulator). Neither solution is particularly simple I'm afraid, unless you can buy one off the shelf.

Many DC-DC converters would fit the bill and are easy to find, depending on the other needs in your circuit. Im currently using the MAX731 in a couple of projects and it seems to work pretty damn reliably. The MAX631 does the same thing with less additional components, but didn't work as reliably as I'd like. The MAX751 might also work for you, and those are just a couple of options from one manufacturer.

You need to consider how much current the 2.2V source can supply, and how much current the 5V output needs to supply. Then the best method can be determined, if it is possible at all. You cannot obtain 5V at high current from 2.2V at low current, In other words you cannot create energy.

Do you want to build something from electronic components (capacitors, ICs, resistors etc.) or do you just want a module that does this job?

What current do you require?

There are plenty of ICs around that will do this, look at Maxim's or Linear's website

RadioRon said:
Do you want to build something from electronic components (capacitors, ICs, resistors etc.) or do you just want a module that does this job?

im thinking abt building d circuit

i found this one ic mc34063a that can act as a boost converter but then d minimum input voltage is 3 V..my project is to increase 2.2 V to 5 V...so anyone noes any other options...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back