Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increase voltage impulse with a RC circuit???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drigo

So...I have a "machine" that outputs a voltage (V1) impulse for t=1usec. This impulse is connected to a trigger in another circuit that reads voltage impulses >=10usec. I thought that a capacitor and a simple RC circuit could delay this impulse for >10usec..

Any ideas, advice on how this will work? I looking for some calculus calculations if possible.

Thanks in advance,
:confused:

So...I have a "machine" that outputs a voltage (V1) impulse for t=1usec. This impulse is connected to a trigger in another circuit that reads voltage impulses >=10usec. I thought that a capacitor and a simple RC circuit could delay this impulse for >10usec..

Any ideas, advice on how this will work? I looking for some calculus calculations if possible.

Thanks in advance,
:confused:
Are you wanting to measure the amplitude of the 1usec pulse, but your measuring instrument requires that the voltage be present for at least 10usec? If so, you need more than a monostable multivibrator.
You will need a peak hold circuit with the capability of being reset after the measurement is taken.
A couple of monostable multivibrators could provide the reset pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back