Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

increase frequency of function generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have function generator and that is of range upto 3 mhz. Is there any possible way to get above 6mhz signal using my 3mhz function generator .Thank you in advance

You might be able to use a passive diode frequency doubler or perhaps construct an active frequency multiplier. The downside might be an increase in noise or other subtle artifacts in the output that might affect your measurement. I suppose it would really depend on how sensitive your intended application is. For any sort of critical measurement a better generator would be a wiser course of action :)

Do you need more than one frequency doubled?
Do you want a square-wave output?
Is a pulse output okay (square-wave having different on and off times)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back