Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

increase A while keeping V

Status
Not open for further replies.

duduchier

Hello,

I'm using a 72 channel DMX controller for an artistic project in China. It can provide 12V and 50mA per output and I need 12V 100-400 mA instead.
What can I do ?
Someone advised me using an opto-isolator circuit but I want to be able to make fades. eg: I want the output voltage change when the input voltage changes.
What can I do? Where can I find a schematic for this?

Thank you very much !!:eek:

All you may need is one transistor per output. Of course the 12V power supply will need to be able to handle the increased current demand also. Do you have a link to the spec's on your DMX controller? Also, we need to know what you are trying to control with the DMX.

German isn't my native tongue, so I can't really read the datasheet easily. It appears that you'll need an additional power supply to supply the extra current. It also appears that the unit is designed to generate voltages of both polarities and maybe drive another module which drives the lights. What are you going to drive with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back