Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Incorrect schematics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhaniko93

Hello I made a schematics and when I built it, transistor's temperature increaces and about 60% of battery's duty is lost, can you make corrections to my circuit?

Attachments

• untitledss.JPG
    untitledss.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 163
P.S. motor is driven with PWM

You need a freewheel diode across the motor.

The battery voltage may not be large enough to turn on the MOSFET fully. Also, you may not be providing enough current to the MOSFET gate to turn it on and off fast enough.

and why does transistor heat? how to change circuit to decreace loses of duty? I used voltage regulator on base and it didn't change much. voltage on base goes up to 5v and it must be enough to open fully.

5 V may not be enough. Tell us which MOSFET you are using.

The problem is that it turns on and off slowly. That is because it has a lot of gate capacitance, so the gate voltage changes slowly, and the MOSFET spends a lot of time switching. There is heat generated while it is switching on or off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back